Matthew Walker is one of the most known sleep scientist and evangelists. We have collected here some of this information to get you going on your sleep journey.
SleepAngel is a filtered bedding producer focusing on the importance quality sleep in a clean environment
Article "Sleep expert Matthew Walker on the secret to a good night’s rest" by Janan Ganesh was originally published in Financial Times in 2019 and the SleepAngel team chose favourite points to focus on:
- It takes between 24 and 36 hours to caffeine to leave your system
- Less than seven hours on a consistent basis is inadequate sleep. Matthew walker is sleeping 8 hours a night, 10.30pm to 6.30am
- Sedation (sleeping pills) is not sleep
- Sleep regularity is the key - going to bed and waking up (and getting up) the same time no matter the day.
- Sleep trumps everything as a contributor to good health
if you prefer video to reading, here is a short clip from TED Connects, where Matthew Walker discusses the impact of sleep on mind and body -- from unleashing your creative powers to boosting your memory and immune health -- and details practices you can start (and stop) doing tonight to get some rest: