Elizabeth Rider's Sunday night routine will help you sleep better the entire week.
While weekends are meant for a more relaxed schedule and less rules, carrying that philosophy through Sunday night sets you up for a chaotic Monday morning that’s hard to recover from. Establishing your own Sunday night ritual/routine will allow you to enter your week with energy and ease. Here is an overview of a routine that will keep you
- Around 6pm: Eat a balanced dinner that contains a lean protein, a good fat, and a healthy carbohydrate
- 6:30pm: I usually cozy up for 1 hour of Netflix to start to unwind
- 7:30pm: Write down the 3 most important things to accomplish this week (this takes 2 minutes)
- 7:40pm: Prep easy, healthy meals & snacks to grab on-the-go during the week.
- By 8pm: Turn off all visual electronics and start to turn down the lights.
- 8pm-ish: Take a hot epsom salt bath. Reduce temperature of the room as a slightly cooler than normal room will also help you sleep.
- 8:30pm: I take two supplements: 1mg of melatonin and 500mg of magnesium.
- 9–9:30pm: Read in bed.
- 9:30pm Lights out!
Give yourself time to fall asleep. It’s tempting to stay up and check Instagram one more time. Just turn the lights off and lay down; you’ll be surprised at how easy you fall asleep.
Sometimes I have to force it, but this ritual will set you up for a great week. Remember, Good Nights = Good Mornings.
Read the full article here: link and find the best sleeping equipment for your good night's sleep on our webshop: link